At Gastronomy Enthusiasts Australia we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you. We therefore fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the Internet.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information.
At Gastronomy Enthusiasts, we are always aspiring to better ourselves. All our actions are performed so that we can provide a top class service. We have therefore detailed below some of the situations where we may collect personal data from you:
- When you place an order, give us your details for postage or when you register on our website, the details are collated and kept as records for Gastronomy Enthusiasts.
- If you decide to contact us with a question, problem or just comments, Gastronomy Enthusiasts will keep a copy of your problem along with your details as a record on our system.
- We may request your details when carrying out market research although in such a situation you are not obliged to participate or provide your details.
- When an order is placed with us, we keep the details of your transaction for business and account records.
- We also retain records of you visiting our website for billing and advertising purposes.
Information collected about you
We collect different information at different points in your user or customer journey with Gastronomy Enthusiasts. These interaction points include the following:
- Browsing our site;
- Saving an item;
- Registering on Gastronomy Enthusiasts;
- Logging into Gastronomy Enthusiasts once registered;
- Making a purchase from Gastronomy Enthusiasts (i.e. adding to bag, checking out and completing a purchase);
- Contacting Gastronomy Enthusiasts, either about an order or for any other reason;
- Using Gastronomy Enthusiasts social media channels;
- Clicking on Gastronomy Enthusiasts banners, hyperlinks or plugins.
- The IP address of the computer or the proxy server that you use to access Gastronomy Enthusiasts;
- The type of device used to access our Services, your computer operating system details and settings, your type of web browser and your settings for that browser, the name of your ISP, (if you are accessing Gastronomy Enthusiasts using a mobile device) your mobile device, your mobile operating system, your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, and location data (if you have that functionality set up) and other general device or systems information – this is non-personally identifiable information;
- Statistical information and log data about number of visits to certain pages on the site (e.g. the home page); the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit; the date and time of your visit; the duration of an individual page view, the paths taken by visitors through the site – this is also non-personally identifiable information.
- Registering on Gastronomy Enthusiasts: In order to place an order with Gastronomy Enthusiasts, you need to create an account with us and become a registered user. It is not possible to place an order without being logged in on Gastronomy Enthusiasts.
- When you create an account and register with us, Gastronomy Enthusiasts will keep that directly provided data for as long as you are registered with us, so that we can then use it to identify you by your Gastronomy Enthusiasts profile, to operate all the systems (such as delivery systems) to enable you to place an order to purchase products from Gastronomy Enthusiasts, to prevent fraud, and to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on Gastronomy Enthusiasts.
- Logging into Gastronomy Enthusiasts: Once registered, if you wish to log in, you will need to input your email address and password again.
- Purchasing from Gastronomy Enthusiasts: To purchase products from Gastronomy Enthusiasts.
- Contacting Gastronomy Enthusiasts: if you contact us for any reason, irrespective of which of the available communication channels you use to contact us, we will record the contact and collect all applicable information relating to the contact. We will keep the information and use to help us categorise your specific question or contact, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate, deal with and resolve any issue or incident, and we will keep for as long as you are registered with us so we have a history of all of our communications with you, any issues you may have had with us, and what we did to resolve those issues or incidents, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately.
- Using or interacting with Gastronomy Enthusiasts social media channels: When you use or interact with any of our social media channels (like Facebook and Twitter), we may collect, record and retain certain system collected data and user authorised data regarding your activities on those social media channels, such as the frequency of your visits. Any content you put or add on any of our social media channels will be directly provided data, which may be personally identifiable information depending upon the content. We will collect, record and use that content and any other information you provide when putting or adding it to any of our social media channels (including any information that you have permitted those social media channels to share with us or that is allowed by your user settings on those sites).
- Clicking on Gastronomy Enthusiasts emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins: if you view or click on emails that we have sent you, or on banners, hyperlinks or plugins we have placed on our website or other websites, both the fact that you have done so; as well as the address of the site you were on when you did so. We will use this information to track and analyse how successful those emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins are in engaging with you.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Gastronomy Enthusiasts, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Information from Vendors
Vendors are individuals or businesses that have agreed to the terms of the Gastronomy Enthusiasts Partner Agreement to work with Gastronomy Enthusiasts to promote and sell their products in our website.
What information we collect from Vendors?
We collect your name, company name, website, twitter or other social media handles, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, PayPal Account, and ABN/GST number.
We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, and pay you.
We collect Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that they provide to us directly.
We use this information to work with you and to provide our Services to your customers.
We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us express permission.
When do we collect this information?
We collect this information when you sign up for a Vendor Account, when you sign up one of your customers for our Services, or when your customers sign up themselves. We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
Gastronomy Enthusiasts works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
Personal Information may be shared with third party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
Gastronomy Enthusiasts will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section.
What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your relationship with us?
We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What we don’t do with your Personal Information
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies (other than to specific Gastronomy Enthusiasts merchants you may be interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for our business to use for sales, as well as our own marketing services. We will only use it to send you promotions or information about our products and services.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of maturity in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of maturity in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We will only collect, keep, use and share your information either (a) for genuine business purposes that we’ve explained clearly to you and that you haven’t objected to, or (b) where we’re legally required to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you have any questions after reading this policy, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.